Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2009

We May Be Wimbledon Bound

Jodi commented yesterday that I haven’t posted in a week.  I can’t believe how fast time passes.

I've talked before about my love for all things tennis, well, a week ago Tuesday, Jodi and I decided to try our hand at it.

Ha! Funny, I know. 

Ever since then, we’ve spent almost all our non-working hours on the tennis court at our local park.  I’m sure we’ve given the town-folk lots to talk about!!  Seriously, this week alone, we’ve played over 7 hours of tennis! (which could explain the lack of blog posts.)

Last Friday evening, we ordered “to go” from our favorite pizza place and took it to the park to eat and play tennis.  Jodi and I conned David and Gary into coming and so did Tyler (who plays often) and another couple (Danny and Lorna) came along, too. Danny and Lorna started playing recently too, so we’re all newbies. The only thing Gary does with a passion is work and fish, so we were surprised when he was willing to play, but Dave wouldn’t even attempt it.  Even so, it was so fun and Dave enjoyed visiting.

Last night, we went back to our pizza at the park plan and for the first hour Jodi and I played, then we took a break for our pizza. After eating, Danny and Lorna joined us, and we played couples tennis.  Even Dave got in on the fun this time!! There were 6 of us, so we had mini tournaments (ha!).  We ended up playing for over 3 hours.  I don’t think we’ve laughed so hard in years!

Here are a couple of (blurry) photos I took after dark with my Blackberry.  If we further our tennis hobby, I’ll have to get some better photos.

Tennis 072409 Dave and Lorna

Lorna and Dave

Tennis 072409 Dave

(Proof that Dad really played, boys!)

 

Hope y’all are having a fun weekend!

8 comments:

Kelley said...

That is so awesome! It is great exercise. Tennis is really important to my husband's family. They used to play all of the time. I think it would be fun to watch you all play.

Kelly’s Korner said...

You and Jodi crack me up! Ya'll are always up to something!
And I was wondering where your posts had gone too..........missed them!

Dorothy said...

That's sounds like so much fun! Do y'all wear those cute little white tennis skirts??? Send better pictures!!! LOL
♥ Dorothy

Heather said...

I have missed you, too! Tennis is fun--I haven't played in years, though!

His Doorkeeper said...

I want to see Whitecloud and Dave on the court!!! Yes!

petrii said...

Jacquie,
Oh how fun!!! Dak LOVES him some tennis. His school is going to have a tennis team for the first year this year, and we have a new tennis court, built this summer. All it needs is a net, and it's ready to go. He is pumped!! Hopefully I'll be playing him in a round soon (although I have NO idea what I'm doing!! =)

Have a Blessed evening,
Dawn

In His Army said...

Jacquie, THAT IS AWESOME!!!! Sounds like so much fun! I have always wished I could play. I used to go w/Mario some and he would just beat the tar outta me! Ha! (And he wasn't even that good:)

I would love to take lessons if I could make the time! I have seriously considered letting Jaiden take them next year. They can start lessons at four here, but I hated to push it on her so young!

Betsy said...

I love to play tennis! Girl, you have logged some hours on the court this week! Steve and I like to play together when we can. It's a fun way to exercise! :)